Carpainter, Yokohama-based founder of Trekkie Trax records (which has signed some tracks from Conrank) last weekend in Chengdu. Pretty sure his name is a reference to this boss in the 1994 SNES game Earthbound which I played as a kid. That obscure reference is up my alley.
Check out Carpainter on Soundcloud.
A few photos from the past few weeks in Chengdu:
I am really enjoying the summertime over here. Here are a few snapshots from the last month. Highlights include:
- DJ’ing at the wave pool within an amusement park last weekend
- The Arena dance battle, hosted by my good friends who run Sinostage, which was amazing
- The Arena dance battle block party which was in Chengdu’s Chunxi Road shopping district, that I played music at
- UK music producer Troiboi, who performed at NASA in Chengdu
- A painting by Yue Minjun, one of my favorite Chinese artists